In just 2 days, on November 11th, Winter Efteling begins again! It will carry on through December, January, and 2 days in February. With Winter comes many wonderful things, like fire pits, new merchandise, and entertainment, but most exciting of all is the new Winter food!
Here’s a little look at some of the things you can get hold of during your Winter Efteling visit:
- an apple dumpling with vanilla sauce at Restaurant Panorama or Station de Oost,
- make your own cake on a stick at the bonfires in Ruigrijk and outside Carnaval Festival,
- chocolate fruit/marshmallow skewers at Kogeloog opposite Langnek,
- waffle on a stick at Flierefluiter opposite the cross-country skiing track,
- warm waffles with mashed potatoes at Suykerbuyk,
- fresh stroopwafels at Capricorn Square and Ton van de Ven Square,
- luminous cotton candy at Seylend Frigate and the Suykerhuys,
- shortcakes and donuts at Diorama.
Also on the subject of food, this year when you buy an Unox sandwich you will receive a blue scarf, which I believe lights up (exciting huh?!) and a blue Efteling travel mug when you buy a hot Chocomel.
The rest of Winter Efteling is ready, with bonfires and food stalls all set up, as well as the Ice Palace, and even the monkeys who are usually having a water fight outside Station de Oost are now having a snowball fight! It is interesting to note that ice skating children now have their own section in the ice palace.
Winter Efteling merchandise this year includes a very fetching Langnek jumper, a Winter Efteling pin, and Jokie/misc Carnaval Festival character baubles which light up.
And now a final farewell to Pandadroom…
We said goodbye to Pandadroom this month, and on the last day, some fans of the attraction came together to sing the song in the pre-show. Here’s a video from Eftelwesley showing the sing-along!
With thanks to eftelingsestraat.nl